Website United Way of Central Alabama
The Community Data Coordinator will be the primary support for the Director of Data and Evaluation and the VP of Allocations & Grants in the review, analysis, integration, and reporting of data in the Community Impact department. This includes support for data planning, analysis, visualization, and presentation. A critical piece of the position is supporting efforts to review, organize, and analyze grant reported data and synthesize it for use in community planning and communication purposes. The Community Data Coordinator will work closely with internal departments and external partners on multiple initiatives to communicate results. Successful candidateswill demonstrate the ability to communicate and successfully work with diverse individuals and groups.
Fund Distribution and Stewardship:
- Become proficient in the use of the Community Force grant management system.
- Support ongoing grant review cycles managed in the Community Impact department by scoring submitted proposals and making recommendations for funding.
- Supporting the VP of Allocations and Grants and the Director of Data and Evaluation, assist in the execution of a strategy for engaging partner agencies in the outcome measurement implementation and new grant management system.
- Act as a liaison to all organizations and partners funded by the Devote time and energy to cultivating thriving, productive relationships with all community partners of the UWCA.
- Assist in the development of partner agency and grantee site visit plan to increase collaboration and visibility with UWCA funded agencies in the UWCA footprint.
- Provide technical assistance to agencies needing guidance in the reporting of programmatic objectives and outcomes.
- Educate volunteers and staff in the review and understanding of program evaluation measures.
- Strive to create reporting efficiencies (reduce paperwork, encourage use of technology, etc.)
Data and Evaluation:
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Data and Evaluation to clearly communicate the new outcomesmeasurement changes to partner agencies and quarterly reporting responsibilities for 2022.
- Supports the planning for the collection, analysis, and reporting of data to measure the effectiveness of UWCA’s Community Impact and Bold Goals Coalition of Central Alabama work, including project level performance measures and community‐wide indicators.
- Supports the Director of Data and Evaluation in planning and developing effective processes and systems to monitor execution, collection, and reporting of data.
- Maintain a knowledge of community data resources.
- Supports data collection and analysis, including data compilation from partner agencies and internal and external sources.
- Assists in data quality assurance processes.
- Supports the Director of Data and Evaluation in reporting and sharing data on a regular basis with partners, community stakeholders, donors, and the UWCA Senior Management team in formats that appeal to and accommodate the needs of various audiences.
- Within his/her purview, ensure operations meet the expectations of volunteers and management.
- As assigned, assist in the preparation of pertinent materials and presentations for allocations and grants meetings including but not limited the Community Impact and Executive Committees of the United Way Board of Directors.
Other duties as assigned
- Staff Visiting Allocation Teams as assigned.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and skills:
- Ability to adapt well to rapid change in technology and apply new systems to the advancement of the department goals.
- Positive and collaborative attitude to all facets of the work required.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team required.
- Encourages a cooperative working relationship with United Way Departments, other United Ways, United Way of America, partners, and community agencies.
- Demonstrates the highest level of behavior in accordance with United Way of Central Alabama policies and Code of Ethics.
- Performs other duties as requested by the VP of Allocations & Grants.
- Assists in the development and cultivation of relationships with community stakeholders, including dataand research professionals in education, business, faith‐based, nonprofit, philanthropic, and civic sectors.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with key partners to develop an integrated community accountability system that incorporates data across multiple areas.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
- Strong knowledge and expertise managing data systems and processes.
- Strong data analysis and visualization skills and Expert skill with Excel and other data programs, including analytical software.
- Experience with data systems integration strongly preferred.
- Experience with education and social services data, including external data sources, strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create processes and systems, identify and initiate continuous improvement.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, mission‐driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Evidence of organizational ability and ability to successfully complete assigned projects.
- Excellent technology skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Community Force grant management system preferred, but not required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com