Website Encompass Health
The Clinical Support Specialist is a subject matter expert position responsible for providing end user support of the ACE IT clinical information system. The position involves working with end users and other support resources to resolve application, workflow, and process questions and issues relating to the ACE IT and other interfaced systems. This position will require active involvement in incident management, problem management, release management, and change management. The Clinical Support Specialist is responsible for understanding and effectively communicating ACE IT system design, configuration, and workflow components to counterparts, customers, and others as necessary.
The Clinical Support Specialist position is responsible for the following core job disciplines:
- Clinical information support and general IT support
- First contact customer service
- Follow through
- Continual Improvement, quality, safety, cost, patient, customer, and employee satisfaction
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Valid state driver’s license
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Associates Degree or Undergraduate degree recommended
- Minimum of 2 years healthcare provider experience is recommended
- Minimum of 2 years healthcare IT experience is recommended
- Experience with an application vendor or consulting group is preffered
- Cerner Solution/Technical Certifications are preferred but not required.
- Clinical workflow process analysis and design
- Patient Safety, clinical quality, and operational efficiency workflow process
- Clinical and business requirements definition and documentation
- Release management
- Change management
- End user support and training
Expertise with regulatory compliance:
- Joint Commission
- Privacy and Security
Clinical Support Specialist requirements:
- Cerner Millennium Fundamentals
- Cerner Core Architcture
- Cener PowerChart, PowerNote, PowerPlans, PowerOrders, and Advanced documentation
- Cerner Medication Administration
- Cerner Enterprise Scheduling Management
- Cener CareMobile
- Cerner PathNet orders, specimen management, interfaces
- Cerner RadNet orders, interfaces
- Cerner Charge Services
Will have prerequisite health care industry expertise in one or more of the following:
- Advanced patient care documentation
- Computerized Physician/Provider order Entry
- Medication Administration
- Clinical Coding
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computing devices (workstation, laptop, tablet, computer on wheels, barcode scanner, printers)
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to safely lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- General Requirements:
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in both writing and verbal arenas as well as via email
- Ability to work closely with clients, customers, and other team members.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment
- Handicapped accessibility
- May work under stressful circumstances at times
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e. before, during or after a disaster
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- May be required to travel
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242