Excellence is all we do
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham, AL, has an opening for its Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CIO will work with EBSCO’s corporate office and portfolio businesses to leverage technology in achieving overall business goals. The CIO will oversee a diverse and talented staff of IT professionals who provide value add services including, but not limited to, enterprise applications (ERP, CRM, etc.), infrastructure, ecommerce, business intelligence, security, user support, and vendor management. Success in this role will require the CIO to work in an environment that is fast paced, diverse, and demanding. We want a collaborative, non-political, non-territorial leader who is comfortable challenging the status quo while building a team that treats its members and internal customers with trust and respect.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Champion a winning, customer focused culture by attracting and developing talent to support and enable EBSCO’s long range plans.
- Provide thought leadership in strategic decisions regarding EBSCO’s enterprise IT function, while leading the teams that implement and manage those initiatives.
- Work with businesses to drive innovation and automation through technology to create operational and resource leverage and drive revenue growth
- Work with businesses to use business intelligence to illuminate issues and drive business decisions and growth.
- Participate in the formulation of EBSCO’s business system architecture plans, assessing cost and feasibility, and ensuring plans support both strategic and near-term needs.
- Collaborate with customers, vendors, industry consultants, and senior company management to define IT best practices and service levels and to drive continuous improvement
- Stay abreast of industry, regulatory, and company changes or trends as it relates to information management, information security, technological standards and trends, and IT efficiencies.
- Ensure EBSCO and its businesses are both compliant and secure in areas such as personal data, data privacy, and information security.
- Lead IT budgeting and technology planning process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS. Master’s Degree is preferred
- 15+ years of experience in technology
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 8+ years of senior leadership experience in a large customer centric IT organization
- Background in Lean/Agile methodologies
- Humble leader
- Strategic thinker
- Positive attitude and drive
- Proven background building high performing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_ebsco/external/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=21537&localeCode=en-us →