Read Time 2 Minutes
Assists patients by providing technical, clerical, and patient care services in an urgent care setting. Responsibilities will include patient registration, maintenance of patient records, clinical procedures, assessments, testing, and referrals under the supervision of the medical providers.
- Welcomes patients in person or on the phone, answering or referring inquiries
- Verifies patient insurance, accepts payments
- Prepares patients for clinic visit by escorting to the examination room, arranging instruments, supplies, and equipment
- Verifies patient information, takes vital signs, confirms purpose of visit
- Explains procedures and treatments to patients
- Assists providers during examinations, performs basic testing, limited x-rays, prepares patients for procedures, and ensures that all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner
- Completes medical records by recording results of each patient visit
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies and equipment
- Ensures HIPAA compliance and adheres to all professional standards, regulations, and requirements
- Ensures equipment is functioning properly, performs preventive maintenance
- Ensures appropriate provider/patient communication, referrals, precertification
- Performs drug screening procedures in accordance with established rules and regulations
- Adheres to all infection control procedures and safety regulations
- Performs basic computer functions
- Current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcareer Association
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of medical assistant experience in a clinical setting
- Knowledge of EMRs, medical terminology
- Urgent care clinic experience preferred
About the Organization
TrustCare Health is a Mississippi based, independently owned and operated healthcare organization which operates multiple urgent care clinics and a heart clinic. Our founding values and passions are high quality care and impeccable customer service. It is our goal to reshape the traditional health care model by implementing practices that advance both the quality of care we provide and the delivery of services.
Our clinics are staffed with Board Certified local physicians and highly skilled and certified Nurse Practitioners, all with years of clinical experience.
Full-Time – Various Shifts
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.