Read Time 1 Minutes
Assists patients by providing technical, clerical, and patient care services in an urgent care setting. Responsibilities will include patient registration, maintenance of patient records, clinical procedures, assessments, testing, and referrals under the supervision of the medical providers.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Welcomes patients in person or on the phone, answering or referring inquiries
- Verifies patient insurance, accepts payments
- Prepares patients for clinic visit by escorting to the examination room, arranging instruments, supplies, and equipment
- Verifies patient information, takes vital signs, confirms purpose of visit
- Explains procedures and treatments to patients
- Assists providers during examinations, performs basic testing, limited x-rays, prepares patients for procedures, and ensures that all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner
- Completes medical records by recording results of each patient visit
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies and equipment
- Ensures HIPAA compliance and adheres to all professional standards, regulations, and requirements
- Ensures equipment is functioning properly, performs preventive maintenance
- Ensures appropriate provider/patient communications, referrals, precertification
- Performs drug screening procedures in accordance with established rules and regulations
- Adheres to all infection control procedures and safety regulations
- Performs basic computer functions
- Communication proficiency
- Problem resolution
- Results driven
- Customer service skills
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- Current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcareer Association
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of medical assistant experience in a clinical setting
- Knowledge of EMRs, medical terminology
- Urgent care clinic experience preferred
- Hours of Work Rotating schedule 12-hour shifts
- Work Environment This position operates in a clinic setting and requires use of standard office equipment, frequent walking, standing, and lifting.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
TrustCare is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.