EBSCO’s Business Intelligence (BI) team is looking for a new position to work closely with the Corporate IT and subsidiary businesses and the Corporate BI team to build and deploy data systems for high performance reporting and analysis, and to advance the IT organization along the business intelligence maturity model curve. This position requires the use of many different data sets, technologies and cloud-based solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, clean and transform data from disparate sources for Business Intelligence.
- Overhaul and transform legacy Excel reports and seek to automate and leverage Tableau when possible.
- Provide basic Tableau training and system support.
- Create and maintain systems that leverage BI and big data analytics technologies.
- Analyze business requirement, understand how businesses use their data to make decisions, and identify top priorities to plan work.
- Work with product teams in multiple locations.
- Effectively document and communicate results.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years in business analytics
- Individual must be available to work onsite at EBSCO Headquarters and other location EBSCO businesses in Birmingham, AL
- Knowledge of advanced Excel formulas
- Knowledge of .Net, SQL, and OLTP and OLAP databases
- Knowledge of cloud based architectures such as AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of data visualization software such as Tableau
- Good interpersonal (both oral and written) communication skills.
- Knowledge of analytics and statistical methodology
- Familiarity with Scrum or Kanban methodology
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.