Website Consumer Subscription Services
Subscriptions are only the beginning of what we offer.
The Business Development Intern will analyze and report on opportunities for CSS to sell its EBSCO Mags subscription service to franchise businesses in its markets. The person in this role will support the efforts of the Director of Business Development to grow EBSCO Mags revenue from large companies and organizations. The benefit for the intern will be a hands-on research project with real world application. They will also get a close view of the operations of a sales and marketing organization in a large company.
• Identify franchise businesses relevant to the EBSCO Mags subscription service.
• Create a complete research report for each identified franchise business:
o Description of business
o Description of corporate headquarters, management, company history
o Assessment of how the business approaches its franchising opportunities
o Size of business (number of stores, number of franchisees, number of stores per franchisee)
o Geographic reach – current and targeted
o Estimated rate of growth
o Corporate services provided to franchisees
o Methods of communicating with franchisees
o Vendor programs/marketing opportunities targeting franchisees
• Draw conclusions based on research:
o Prioritization of opportunities for EBSCO Mags
o Systems/process needs for EBSCO Mags to grow franchise sales
o Recommended next steps
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Must currently be an Undergraduate or a Graduate student.
• Must currently be in pursuit of a degree in the Business school.
• Demonstrated interest in research and analysis
• Marketing major
Skills Necessary for Success
• Strong interest in research and analysis
• Strong communication skill – oral and written
• Internship Timeframe: September – December 2017
• Hours: 8hours per week, ideally two half days at CSS offices
About Consumer Subscription Services (CSS)
CSS, a division of EBSCO Information Services, is a magazine subscription agent that sells consumer magazine subscriptions into specialty markets direct and via third party partnerships. Its primary product line, EBSCO Mags, is the number one subscription service for businesses with waiting rooms and reception areas. Launched in 1980, EBSCO Mags has over 90,000 active customers including leading healthcare networks, salons, and auto service providers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.