Would you consider yourself mechanically inclined?
Are you tired of your j-o-b and want an exciting career?
Do you enjoy helping people?
You’re in the right place. At Brown Heating and Cooling, we enjoy teaching the wonderful HVAC trade to people searching for a long-term career. If you love working with your hands and helping customers, you’ll enjoy a career at Brown Heating and Cooling.
No HVAC industry experience is needed…we will actually pay you to learn the trade.
Brown is looking for an ambitious, hard working person to add to our growing HVAC family as an HVAC apprentice. You’ll receive paid, hands-on training while learning the HVAC trade.
Can you believe it? You have the opportunity to learn from legendary HVAC service technicians and work at one of the Best Places to Work in Birmingham. But, don’t take our word for it – the Birmingham Business Journal said it for us!
After the training program, you may apply for a full-time, permanent position.
We work hard and we play hard! We are committed to creating a fun, rewarding environment where passionate HVAC professionals are empowered to WOW our customers and create lifelong relationships.
Check out our videos at https://www.brownheatingandcooling.com/careers/
Brown Heating and Cooling has been in business since 1961. We are locally owned and operated with a focus on commercial, residential and light industrial.
We go the extra mile to show our employees how much we appreciate their hard work.
Apply today to experience the difference!
Here are a few fun facts about Brown:
· Customized training to fit your needs. Our Operations Manager has trained more than 4,000 HVAC professionals just like you. At Brown, training comes in a variety of styles – classroom, lab, field, real time mentoring and coaching.
· Locally owned and operated, so you are much more than an employee number to us.
· Dispatch from the comfort of your home. We are paperless thanks to the help of company provided iPads and iPhones.
· Stable work year-round.
· Awesome teammates including great office staff that will go the extra mile to support you in the field.
· Brown Technician University (BTU) turns students with little to no experience into maintenance technicians. This helps us promote from within, so you’ll be able to see a career path. BTU is our internal Brown Technician University.
When you’re ready to start a career with a great company, complete our online application process.
**Candidates will be considered if you compete the following steps:
Complete the online application at https://www.brownheatingandcooling.com/entry-level-training-position/
Include a clear explanation of how your previous responsibilities and duties are likely to help you succeed in the HVAC industry
Explain work history gaps and why you are not currently working (if this applies)
Describe why you want to work at Brown Heating and Cooling
Responsibilities and Duties
– Assist in all aspects of HVAC including service and install while working under supervision of senior service technician.
– Eagerly participate in training – a combination of classroom, lab and field based training.
– Clean and organize vehicles and shop.
– Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area. Gather salvageable materials in the field and return to the shop.
– Dispose of all trash and debris.
– Replenish standard stock items that are commonly used.
– Provide exceptional customer service.
– Comply with all safety rules.
– And, because you will be a CareoholicTM, your job includes everything listed above plus other duties as assigned. If you have an idea, share it. If you see a team member needing help, jump in and lend a hand!
Qualifications and Requirements
– Positive attitude, quick learner and extremely reliable. We have a great culture. It will be your responsibility to add value to the team.
– More than 3 years of general work experience. HVAC experience is preferred, but not required.
– Professional demeanor and appearance.
– High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
– Familiar with a variety of tools.
– Eagerly invest time in training classes, ability to quickly troubleshoot problems, work independently and allow your skills to build on what you learned the day before.
– Attention to detail and desire to see the job done right the first time in an efficient manner.
– Must be friendly, personable, respond to customer’s concerns and enjoy making our customers smile!
– Proven ability to communicate clearly, effective and appropriately. Possess both written and verbal English language skills.
– General mathematical skills.
– Valid driver’s license with a clean record.
– Must live within Brown’s service area. Typically, within 25 miles of downtown Birmingham – zip code 35203.
– Must have dependable, flexible transportation regardless of where the job is located for the day. Typically, within 25 miles of downtown Birmingham – zip code 35203.
– EPA and NATE certifications are a plus.
– All candidates are required to pass pre-employment drug screens, clean driving record and a background check. Ongoing random drug tests are also required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach, kneel, stoop and crouch. Good vision, hearing, and speaking is a must. The employee is regularly required to climb ladders, work in small crawl spaces or on a roof. The employee must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 125 pounds with additional manpower or appropriate devices when required. The employee must have full use of the body and senses to be able to install and service all types of heating and air conditioning operations. The employee must work around electrical equipment and in hazardous places.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme temperatures, humid and/or wet conditions; moving mechanical parts; high places; small spaces; fumes or airborne particles.
Benefits are not available for this position since it is a training position. After the training program is complete, the apprentice may apply for a full time, permanent position.
Benefits are only available to full-time, permanent positions. Benefits include BCBS Gold Health insurance, Premium Dental insurance, VSP Vision insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, retirement, paid holidays and up to 2 weeks of paid time off.