Website Children's of Alabama
- Responsible for the performance of medical equipment, preventive maintenance, repair, calibration, and equipment management. Responsible for customer relations in reference to patients, visitors, hospital staff, physicians, and fellow Biomed technicians. As a Biomedical Equipment Technician, in order to carry out the specific responsibilities outlined below the Vision of the Hospital – A BETTER CHILDHOOD FOR ALL CHILDREN – must be ever present. To accomplish the overall Hospital Mission, you must exhibit Integrity, Innovation, Commitment to Personal Development, and a Commitment to Children.
- Associate degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology or Military Medical Equipment Repairer training.
- Minimum of five years experience in the Biomed field.
- Documented equipment service training in specialized equipment related to the function of the Children’s Hospital of Alabama as determined by the Director of Biomedical Engineering. Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Health Related Science is preferred.
Licensures, Certifications, and/or Registries
- AAMI certification required