Read Time 3 Minutes
Website EBSCO Industries
Valent Group is a privately held independent risk consulting firm based in Birmingham, Alabama, with multiple locations in the southeastern United States. These offices provide all lines of insurance in partnership with specialized carriers. Valent Group was named a 2018 Best Practices Agency by the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America and has the backing of EBSCO Industries, Inc., a global corporation which began in 1944 and now owns more than 20 businesses in a variety of industries. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance and other ancillary benefits, profit sharing, employee perks and more.
Are you a solution seeker that enjoys working with a wide variety of people? As a Benefits Consultant you’ll partner with our carriers and clients to assist with implementing and managing a comprehensive variety of benefit programs.
The ideal candidate has a Passion for service, our clients and their insurance programs. Has a responsive, can-do Attitude, which is at the center of our service. They have Curiosity to solve problems through innovative and out-of-the box services. And are Team-oriented, working with others to get the job done. It’s not just what we do, but how we do it.
This is what we believe it takes to deliver a Fortune 1000 customer experience to our middle market clients. And we believe our clients and their employees deserve nothing less.
In this role you will:
- Train under a Senior Employee Benefits Consultant
- Provide consultative services and support to clients, client companies, and accounts.
- Maintain knowledge of healthcare guidelines, regulations, compliance and legislation (i.e., ACA, HIPAA).
- Assist with Open Enrollment needs. Ex. updating/creating benefit guides, preparing materials and coordinating and performing in-person open enrollment meetings for clients.
- Act as liaison between client and insurance companies to independently resolve all service problems. Specifically, assists the client in resolving billing, claim, eligibility, COBRA and customer service problems or issues.
- Issue and process various documents, such as Policy Documents, SPD’s, renewals, etc.
- Provide hands on support to existing accounts and clients. This may involve answering questions, furnishing supporting documentation, interpreting and communicating policy coverage, etc.
- Input information in account management system software programs
- Provide compliance education and monitoring, as instructed, to specified clients
- Provide an understanding of and/or application of the following core terminology and items, including but not limited to: FMLA, COBRA, Cafteria Plans, ERISA Compliance and Forms 6055/6056 Reporting; 1095-C Documents; Schedule A Documents; Stop Loss Coverage; ERISA; Discrimination Testing; “SBC” Documents; Outcomes Based Wellness Programs; Transitional Reinsurance Fees; PCORI Fees, etc.
- High school degree and minimum 3 year’s account coordination/customer service experience in the Benefits industry and/or experience in benefits administration within a Human Resources department
- The ability to obtain an insurance license in the state of Alabama
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize frequent deadlines
- Experience/skills with varied commercial software programs including Microsoft Office
- Fundamental mathematical skills and the ability to perform basic calculations for administrative needs
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects/customers and assignments as evidenced by a quantifiable track record in prior positions
You may have:
- Five or more years of experience in account management or HR functions
- Bachelor’s or other higher educational degree (s)
- Experience in the Employer Benefit Enrollment process
- Experience using varied agency management systems, including, but not limited to: Vertafore Agency Platform/BenefitPoint/AMS360/Work Smart and others
- Prior experience in presentations and preparation of similar for both internal and external audiences
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: HR, Consulting, Compensation, Compliance, Testing, Human Resources, Technology, Legal