Website Encompass Health
The Benefits Consultant is responsible for planning, organizing, and administering the benefit plans in such a manner as to assist in supporting the overall retention of employees. Business Consultants collaborate with carriers, external departments, and the HRD’s to implement new programs and develop best practices. The Benefits Consultant is responsible for creating an environment and culture that enables the hospital’s management to fulfill its mission.
Job Code: 100653
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
– BA / BS
– 2 years of HR/Benefits related experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
– General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
– Microsoft Office Suite ¿ competency required
– PeopleSoft experience preferred
– Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
– Ability to lift a minimum of 10 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 25 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
– Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
– Ability to work independently without supervision.
– Ability to interpret Federal benefit regulations
– Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
– Handicapped accessible.
– May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
– Meets established deadlines
– Meets expectations for accuracy and timeliness
– Meets established attendance standards.
– Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
– May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
– May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
– May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 1910519