Glenwood provides treatment and education services in a least restrictive setting, through a continuum of care, with the highest respect for individuals and families served. Glenwood supports mental health and educational professionals and promotes research in these specialized areas.
Glenwood is seeking energetic candidates to work as a Behavior Teacher Assistant, in our Allan Cott School serving children with an Autism diagnosis, while working with a collaborative team of Special Educators, Board Certified Behavior Analysts, and Speech and Occupational Therapists. This position is a great opportunity for those seeking to work in a supportive team environment in the field of behavioral health and developmental disabilities.
Shift: Monday – Friday / 7:00 am– 3:00 pm
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Implement special education programs and lessons
- Implement Behavior Support Plans and other ABA programs or interventions
- Provide Crisis Intervention and respond to aggressive or self-injurious behaviors
- Responsible for collecting student data on behavioral and educational progress
- Provide direct care for students and assist with daily living skills/hygiene
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in a group home, home-like setting
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
- Ability to handle physical aspects of job, including bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, and walking for periods of time
- Must maintain state regulatory certifications, as required by state/program requirements
- Medication Administration as required by state/program requirements
- 18 years of age or older
- High school degree/GED equivalent required. Associates degree, BS/BA in Human Services field is preferred.
- Valid Alabama driver’s license and must be insurable through the agency’s insurance carrier
- Must be certified or certifiable in CPR, 1st Aid, Managing Crisis Safety (MCS), and Medication Assistance Certification (MAC).
- Must be cleared through the Dept. of Human Resources Child Abuse & Neglect Registry as well as the ABI/FBI and pass all required pre-employment and background screening
WHAT GLENWOOD OFFERS
- Supervision hours are available for those seeking BCBA certification.
- Opportunity to become trained and certified as a Registered Behavior Technician / RBT while working in this position.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.