United Way has a rich history in helping neighborhoods and communities in Central Alabama. It began as a cooperative action to address our city’s human services problems.
Provide day-to-day assistance and administrative support to the COO & VP of Operations, as well as administrative support to the organization. Support and administrative responsibilities include but are not limited to:
COO & VP Support:
- Provide administrative support to COO & VP of Operations including assistance with reports and correspondence, meeting preparation and follow-up, scheduling, travel arrangements, invoice processing and expense reporting, maintaining file systems, manage calendar and contacts, and other duties as requested.
- Assist with communications for external and internal inquiries and requests for information related to operations.
- Work collaboratively with and act as a liaison between other departments in executing administrative processes related to COO & VP activity.
- Participate in Operation’s team meetings, staff meetings, professional development activities, internal committees, and cross-departmental projects as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support to the COO & VP for meetings attended involving areas within operations, including meeting scheduling, data gathering, and distribution of materials if needed.
Board Committees Support:
- Provide administrative support to the COO & VP for regularly scheduled Sub Committees and Regular Committee (Audit, Retirement Plan, and Self Insured Health Plan) meetings, including meeting scheduling, data gathering, portal preparation and distribution.
- Establish and maintain professional relationship with Board committee members and their staffs. Schedule and organize meetings, prepare and distribute meeting agendas, take minutes, and maintain records in accordance with record retention policy.
- Serve as back-up to the Executive Assistant to the CEO and Finance Administrative Assistant in providing administrative support as needed.
- Provide logistical support for large and small meetings, including working with caterers, reserving facilities, setting up meetings, taking minutes, mailing invitations, managing mailing lists, and managing registration and other on-site logistical activities.
- PO processing and invoicing of office supplies; ordering food, etc. Coordinate vacation/time off, calendars for operations staff, distribute mail.
- Oversee reception services and supervise reception staff. Manage meeting room requests and calendar including Board of Director meeting room, mail distribution, and monitor displays. Manage integrated reception services for Community Services Area and for onsite Agency.
- Minimum five years professional administrative support experience to senior staff
- Demonstrated success with managing administrative projects; ability to manage multiple competing tasks on a tight deadline
- Experience working with boards or other governing entities a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to work appropriately with highly confidential information
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy in interacting with others; produce quality work in a high production, multiple project environment
- Providing support to multiple individuals a plus
- Undergraduate degree in business, human resources, or other appropriate discipline strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use the Microsoft suite of applications (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
Skills and Competencies:
- Highly organized with good decision making and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, in addition to very good listening skills
- Self-starter with a commitment to outstanding customer service
- Works well in a collaborative, team environment as well as works effectively under minimal supervision by taking initiative and ensuring successful and timely completion of all tasks
- The ability to quickly learn new applications as they are introduced into the work environment and, as appropriate, assist in training other team members in using these applications
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Strong computer skills in the Microsoft environment including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Strong database skills helpful.
- Interest in philanthropy a plus.
JOB POSTING # O103