EBSCO can be found in a wide range of industries. All together, we are more than 20 diverse companies employing nearly 6000 people worldwide.
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
The Asset Manager will be a key member of EBSCO Income Properties, LLC (EIP) reporting directly to the General Manager and Vice President of EBSCO Income Properties. Specifically, this position will be responsible for the asset management of communities within the EBSCO portfolio and assisting with the due diligence on future acquisitions. This will include working with our third-party management company ensuring proper monitoring of revenues and expenses, prudent operating practices and execution of capital projects. EIP comprises all of EBSCO Industries, Inc.’s multifamily communities. This includes 5,000+/- units and 20+/- communities located throughout the southeastern United States.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as an Asset Manager working in conjunction with the third-party management company to manage the communities to maximize profit and efficiency while balancing that objective with our strategic decision to hold properties for the long-term. Specifically:
- Develops the annual budgets for the individual communities/portfolio in conjunction with the third-party management company and EBSCO accounting.
- Oversees attainment of budgeted goals by analyzing and evaluating financial statements, reconciling monthly statements against approved budget, and working with the Controller, management company, and others to address and resolve any shortfalls in the financial performance of the community/portfolio.
- Ensures that the individual community/portfolio meets the established operational, financial, and business performance goals by inspecting properties, reviewing financial, market, and operational reports, and developing and implementing appropriate action plans to achieve results.
- Manages the financial and operational performance of the portfolio performance, identifies and investigates indicators of performance deficiencies or opportunities, and guides the development of appropriate action plans that correct deficiencies or maximize opportunities to ensure the portfolio meets stated goals and objectives.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets market data to identify emerging trends that may impact the performance of the portfolio, and works with the community managers and others to develop and implement market plans that drive occupancy and revenue growth.
- Monitor and manage each property’s balance sheet accounts and lender escrow accounts to ensure proper treatment of EBSCO policy, lender requirements, and accounting requirements.
- Monitor and manage the lender relationship and requirements for reporting, inspections, and compliance with loan documents.
- Manage and monitor each property’s ad valorem and personal property tax obligations, including appeals, and coordinating tax issues.
- Monitor and manage Property & Casualty and Commercial General Liability Property Insurance.
- Ensures that the appearance and physical aspects of the properties meet the EIP’s established standards through routine site and safety inspections, communicating concerns and requests for capital as needed to provide for the physical upkeep of each property in the portfolio based on EIP’s long-term hold strategy.
- Ensure timely reporting and on-going communication about the performance of the properties, and recommendations regarding solutions.
- Ensure that work activities and services from vendors, consultants, and other contractors are through negotiated contracts and constantly monitor progress of various capital projects.
- Ensures that the third-party management company meets EIP’s talent and staffing needs by hiring and developing, the appropriate talent to manage the individual community/portfolio.
- Serve as an Asset Manager working in conjunction with the GM and other Asset Managers to monitor the existing debt/financing, continue acquiring new communities and maintaining existing EBSCO policies and procedures. Specifically:
- Preparation/Review of all financial models and underwriting for the acquisition/development of new communities.
- Preparation/Review of internal & external investment memorandum and other presentation materials for capital deployment:
- Existing Communities
- Equity/JV Investments
- Other Investments within the Multifamily Asset Class
- Preparation/Review on-going market research and analysis regarding future and current investment strategy.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the third-party management team to ensure clear communication among the team.
- Assist/Support the EIP GM as follows:
- Execution of projects/tasks, etc. for the entire portfolio
- Preparation of Board Presentations and associated updates for EBSCO Management
- Preparation and execution of annual operating budgets
- Maintaining and enhancing the existing processes and procedures for EIP.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years’ experience in multi-site management, or as a Regional Manager of a Multifamily Portfolio, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience with standard software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Hands-on knowledge of property management systems such as Yardi, Entrata, OneSite, and RealPage suite of products.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Understanding of financial statements: profit and loss statements, balance sheets, statements of cash flow, and principles of accrual accounting.
- First-hand seasoned experience in multi-site management and residential property operations, including all facets of managing the physical, operational, financial, and customer service performance of a multifamily property.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Master of Business Administration
- Multifamily certification such as CPM, CAPS, CAM
- Self-starter with an ability to take initiative and execute projects with limited supervision
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive demeanor
- Ability to collaborate ideas and share techniques with a team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, or squat. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities. Must be able to operate golf carts at properties with golf carts, walk extended distances and navigate stairs to multiple levels daily.
Regular and overnight travel is required (via driving and flying) 25-40% of the time to supervise communities, attend business meetings and training classes, or participate in other situations for the accomplishment of some, or all, of the daily responsibilities of this position.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Manager, Compliance, Real Estate, Market Research, MBA, Management, Legal, Sales, Marketing