EBSCO can be found in a wide range of industries. All together, we are more than 20 diverse companies employing nearly 6000 people worldwide.
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
The Art Director works collaboratively with the Sr. Art Director, Art Director, and the entire Marketing and Corporate Communications team to develop effective, integrated, communication and marketing campaigns. This individual supports EBSCO Industries, and its businesses, by developing creative strategies and designing the materials needed to support internal and external communications.
- Lead Social media in partnership with Communications team
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns
- Creative strategy and execution
- Concept and execution of creative, from traditional media to digital
- Support, contribute, and collaborate with our creative team
- Initiate and conduct creative brainstorming sessions
- Oversee projects through to completion: from concept to design to production
- Attend business-unit and service-center meetings, as needed
- Plan, attend, and direct photo shoots
- Attend press checks
- Maintain a quality of work that is as good as, if not better than, outside creative agencies
- Present creative concepts, campaigns, and deliverables
- A 4-year degree in graphic design or art direction
- 3-5 years of experience at an ad agency, in-house marketing/communications team, media company, or publishing company
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Acrobat
- A desire to create the best work possible, even with small budgets
- Strong design-execution skills
- A collaborative spirit
- The willingness to assist and mentor others on the team
- Initiative to lead
- A sense of urgency
- An understanding of print production
- Thorough knowledge of branding
- A fundamental competency for creating digital
- The ability to articulate a concept
- Keen attention to detail
- Solid presentation, listening, and communication skills
- The ability to provide creative critique and support creative strategy
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Manager, Corporate Communications, Marketing Communications, Communications, Real Estate, Management, Marketing, Sales