This overlay sales or specialist sales position is responsible for selling complex/technical products,services, applications, and/or solutions to customers in order to solve their strategic business needs.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for selling complex technical products and new and emerging application services, generates sales, and supports the sales efforts of direct sellers by leveraging product, industry, and/or technological expertise.
- Supports accounts as an overlay/sales specialist seller as opportunities are identified. Leads the sales and technical team in support of the sale of the products, services and solutions.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of new and emerging application services and products.
- Spends majority of the time at the customers premise developing and presenting sales proposals and systems solutions for highly complex projects.
- May assist less experienced peers and partners with Account Managers to close sales.
- May take the lead in identifying new opportunities.
This job key applies to employees who spend more than 50% of their time in duties directly related to making sales away from the employees office at a customers place of business or home. For those individuals employed in the states of Pennsylvania,Colorado,Minnesota, North Dakota, New Jersey, or Wisconsin, this job key applies to employees who spend at least 80% of their time in duties directly related to making sales away from the employees office at a customers place of business or home.
Duties directly related to making sales includes:
- Meeting with customers engaged in sales activities at the customers site, communicating with customers via phone, teleconference, e-mail, etc., related to proposed solution/sale etc., traveling to and from the customers premise, providing subject matter expertise regarding technical issues relating to sale; advising customers on suitability of products based on technical needs, preparing proposals, presentations, or bids, including developing pricing, developing strategic plans related to the customer and the proposed solution/sale, researching and developing customer solutions with ATT external partners, including design and engineering, and researching customer business and industry to identify new sales opportunities.
- Education: Typically requires a Bachelors degree.
- Experience: Typically requires eight to twelve years of direct work experience. Supervisory: No.