YWCA Seeks After School Enrichment Program AmeriCorps Members
YWCA Central Alabama has paid AmeriCorps After School Enrichment Program Specialists positions to begin September 1st. The positions are 40 hours per week, based in Jefferson County serving Monday through Friday from 9am-6pm.
Requirements include: An ability to serve vulnerable populations, experience with tutoring, childcare or summer camp, interest in youth, ability to provide transportation of students with insurance-approved driving record, and a commitment to one year of service.
Please email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Phone calls and unscheduled visits are discouraged.
2020-2021 YWCA AmeriCorps Program Benefits:
- A stipend of up to $1200/per month
- An educational award of $6000+ upon completion
- No cost health insurance for full-time members
- Student loan forbearance and interest accrual
- Childcare subsidy eligibility depending on household income
- SNAP benefits for eligible members
- An opportunity to serve 40 hours per week with some of Birmingham’s premier nonprofit organizations
- Extensive professional development, networking and group interaction
AmeriCorps is akin to Peace Corps for citizens who desire to serve within nonprofits in the United States to help with capacity building and direct service. YWCA Central Alabama is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination. As such, the YWCA Central Alabama does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or physical or mental disabilities.