United Way has a rich history in helping neighborhoods and communities in Central Alabama. It began as a cooperative action to address our city’s human services problems.
The primary role of the Administrative Assistant for Finance is to support the Chief Financial Officer/Senior Vice President through general office administration and offer to clerical and administrative support to other department staff and volunteers as needed and/or assigned.
- Make air travel arrangements for all UWCA staff
- Prepare written correspondences and other material for CFO, including but not limited to Confirmations, Bookkeeping and Rent Letters, Thank you Letters, and Direct Payment Letters
- Prepare meeting announcements, agenda, and materials for Finance and Investment committees and coordinate scheduling of meetings at beginning of year
- Attend and take minutes for CFO committee meetings (Finance, Investment)
- Prepare Executive Committee and Board of Director meeting materials for Finance and Investment committees
- Be the lead staff responsible for managing logistical details for all department meetings including reserving rooms, purchasing refreshments, sending out invitations, collecting RSVPs, etc.
- Prepare United Way Data Base II from collected data
- Prepare United Way Membership Certification
- Maintain a list of all departmental supply needs (toner, paper, office supplies) and generate requests through electronic purchase order system (Microix)
- Retrieve and deliver in and outgoing mail daily
- Prepare Personal and Vacation Accruals for Department
- Maintain departmental and agency calendar
- Update Senior Staff calendar with finance dates
- Compile finance related New Board Member Book materials and related presentation
- Update UWCA Policies and File accordingly as requested
- Assist with special projects as directed
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point). Proficient in Excel is a plus. Must adapt well to rapid changes in technology and apply new systems to the advancement of the department. Knowledge and experience in accounting software and purchasing software is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills essential, editing skills a plus.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills including professional communication and demeanor in person and over the phone.
- Works under moderate supervision and exercises some degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Must have positive attitude and be able to adapt easily within a rapidly changing environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred; proven track record of applicable experience can be considered in lieu of a degree. Degree in accounting or and bookkeeping experience is a plus.
Normal office hours with some overtime. Ability to adjust schedule to prepare for and attend committee meetings outside of normal office hours.