EBSCO can be found in a wide range of industries. All together, we are more than 20 diverse companies employing nearly 6000 people worldwide.
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
EBSCO Industries International Headquarters Accounting is seeking an Accounts Payable Representative with accounts payable expertise and experience.
- Review and process invoices and expense reports in multiple currencies to ensure accuracy, compliance, and prevent fraud
- Provide timely and considerate customer service
- Support continuous process improvement, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with IRS Form 1099 and Form 1042 reporting
- Assist the accounts payable team with additional tasks and projects as needed
- 3+ years accounts payable experience
- Strong computer and business solutions software skills
- SAP experience, preferred
- Concur experience, preferred
- Experience with multi-currency accounts payable, preferred
Essential Job Functions
- Individual should possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Individual should be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have a bias for action
- Humble – Focus on serving others by creating an environment of trust and respect where team members have the freedom to fail providing the opportunity to learn, improve and grow
- Driven – Hands-on, competitive spirit that results in expecting a lot from yourself and a desire to work hard which sets the tone within the team
- Positive Attitude – Encouraging and consultative approach to leadership that assumes positive intent in others creating an environment that values team members’ personal lives and makes the workplace fun
- Learner- Thirst for knowledge which provides strategic insights and ideation for continuous improvement
- Integrity and Trust: Demonstrate, promote and reinforce an uncompromising commitment to high standards of ethical behavior. Inspire and build trust through transparency and honesty.
- Collaboration and Communication: Promote the importance of collaboration and open communication. Value, respect, and welcome differences of opinion and others’ perspectives.
- Accountability and Change Leadership: Establish the proper standard for excellence by holding team members accountable. Communicate the need for change while providing transparency on the reason for change.
- Teamwork and Execution: Create an environment that celebrates successes, acknowledges failures and commits to learning and improving. Translate goals and priorities into action plans and use process to achieve excellence in execution.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: ERP, Real Estate, Customer Service Representative, SAP, Compliance, Technology, Sales, Customer Service, Legal