This is administrative work with responsibilities for preparing asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information. Provides general bookkeeping assistance in the maintenance and review of financial records including posting records, reviewing, collecting and processing invoices for accounts receivable.Performs cash reconciliations, verifications, and other cash analysis for all BJCC cash accounts. Responsible for accounts payable by generating payment request, purchase orders and issuing checks. Generates accounting reports. Performs various account receivables and purchasing duties, as assigned. Performs various Box Office/Ticket Office reconciliations. Provides accounting and administrative assistance to the Director of Finance in the maintenance and review of financial records, posting records, reviewing and reconciling BJCC’s funds.
The following competencies describe the knowledge, skills, abilities, and attributes that lead to a successful employee in this position. An applicant will be expected to exhibit these competencies or the ability to reach competency achievement within a specified time. These competencies are linked to the essential functions of the job. Employees in this position may be evaluated on these competencies as part of the performance appraisal system.
Technical Expertise and Knowledge
Demonstrates a full performance ability and understanding of the full range of principles, terms, techniques, and procedures to execute accountant duties. Performance ability to:
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Prepares banking deposits.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Provides general bookkeeping assistance in the maintenance and review of financial records including posting records, reviewing, collecting and processing invoices for accounts receivable.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Verifies cash collections on hand by performing cash audits for box office, parking, and utility services departments and determines if proper cash controls and record keeping are in accordance with BJCC policies and procedures.
- Processes construction fund disbursements for capital projects by entering invoices, processing payment requisitions, creating checks, transferring capital funds to construction fund accounts.
- Process bank account transfers for disbursement and investment purposes.
- Assists with cash management including BJCC investments, reserves, capital and general operating funds.
- Performs cash audits in the box office to include auditing (counting) cash safe (gray box) and verifying and balancing sales reports, daily deposits tickets, and daily batch report.
- Verify cash payments from box office receipts, cash advances and payments to clients from box office, to ensure money-handling integrity.
- Verify cash order form and re-deposit for event bank.
- Reports any and all discrepancies in cash, cash records, and other financial transactions in the box office to the Director of Finance.
- Assists in budget preparation by calculating, analyzing and preparing financial and statistical reports for department managers and board of directors.
- Coordinates end of month closing including reconciliation of cash accounts and other general ledger accounts. Prepares daily deposit and files related documentations.
- Processes weekly check run and performs related tasks
- Maintains and updates vendor files.
- Reconciles petty cash fund.
- Processes purchase orders and payment request.
- Helps prepare monthly financial statements and month end closeouts.
- Prepares invoices and payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Contributes to team effort by assisting all roles in the department
- Assists with Purchasing and Account Receivables job duties.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Communication and Customer Service
Demonstrates an ability to persuasively and effectively communicate in writing, in person, by telephone or by email with external and internal customers, representing the BJCC to customers, the public, government and other external sources. Performance ability to:
- Collaborates with box office team for event reconciliation
- Demonstrates an advanced ability to listen, speak, interact tactfully and persuasively, and establish and maintain relationships constructively and cooperatively with BJCC partners, tenants and the public.
- Demonstrates an ability to independently create or write accurate, legible, grammatically correct reports.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and evaluate information and results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Makes independent decisions and address issues, complaints, as a part of the group decision making process.
- Demonstrates a commitment to guest and quality service by communicating guest service philosophies and standards and orienting others in effective service strategies.Encourages others to continually improve the guest service experience.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis in accounting or a related field is strongly preferred.
Minimum of three to five years related experience in bookkeeping, account reconciliations, accounts payable and maintenance of financial records required.
Ability to work ethically and maintain confidentiality.
Ability to build effective relationships, both internally and externally, by representing BJCC in a professional manner in all endeavors.
Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles and practices.
Ability to apply bookkeeping principles to the maintenance of complex fiscal and accounting records.
Must have excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office and using spreadsheets and accounting software. Experience using ConCentrics is preferred.
Ability to interact harmoniously and effectively with all departments and employees within the facility.
Must be able to sit for prolonged period of time (majority of the work day). Occasional walking, bending, stooping and standing are required for filing, copying and collating documents.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and competencies of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. The BJCC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. This organization uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.