Read Time 1 Minutes
Website United Way of Central Alabama
Responsible for bank reconciliations, monthly rent allocation, pre-paid and other monthly expense allocation by department and annual fixed assets. Responsible for communicating to CFO on any financial needs.
- Bank reconciliation’s
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Prepare daily cash reports
- Prepare annual Board resolution
- Prepare signature cards and other documentation as requested by financial institutions annually for each bank account as well as those for bank accounts set up during the year.
- Reconcile charge card statements to general ledger monthly.
- Submit notification to accounts payable/receivable for old o/s checks that need to be written off. Notify agencies of any old outstanding checks that need reversing/
- Prepare monthly bank analysis charge journal entry.
- Prepare Audit work papers for cash items.
- Prepare monthly rent journal entries for grants based on timesheets.
- Analyze building budget for possible rent increases.
- Prepare rent increase letters for rent increases.
- Prepare monthly overhead allocation journal entry to all departments
- Parking allocations
- Maintain Prepaids
- Allocate monthly copier/postage expenses
- Telephone & IT splits
- Prepare agency interest statements and accompanying journal entries
- Monitor agency balances
- Maintain fixed assets and depreciation entries
- Work with auditors as needed
- Work with Accounts Receivable area as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge / Skills:
Thorough working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets; Proficient in use of 10-key calculator; Effective oral and written communication skills; multi-task oriented; team player; takes initiative; great organizational skills
Education & Experience:
BS in Accounting or related field preferred, CPA a plus. Four to five years of accounting experience
Normal office environment with occasional overtime
Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance