YWCA Seeks Dave Mathews Center (DMC) for Civic Life AmeriCorps Members
YWCA Central Alabama has paid DMC for Civic Life AmeriCorps service positions to begin September 1st. The DMC Center for Civic Life position is 40 hours per week, based in Montevallo (Shelby County) serving Monday through Friday during normal business hours, with some evening and weekend service possibly required. Some travel to other parts of the state might be required.
Requirements include: An ability to build relationships, a passion for civic engagement, experience with training and facilitating workshops, program coordination knowledge and commitment to one year of service is expected.
Please email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Phone calls and unscheduled visits are discouraged.
2020-2021 YWCA AmeriCorps Program Benefits:
- A stipend of up to $1200/per month
- An educational award of $6000+ upon completion
- No cost health insurance for full-time members
- Student loan forbearance and interest accrual
- Childcare subsidy eligibility depending on household income
- SNAP benefits for eligible members
- An opportunity to serve 40 hours per week with some of Birmingham’s premier nonprofit organizations
- Extensive professional development, networking and group interaction
AmeriCorps is akin to Peace Corps for citizens who desire to serve within nonprofits in the United States to help with capacity building and direct service. YWCA Central Alabama is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination. As such, the YWCA Central Alabama does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or physical or mental disabilities.