- This event has passed.
The Big Pitch Presented by PNC
November 23, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Big Pitch Presented by PNC live competition is Saturday, November 23 from 1 to 4 p.m. at Upswing, located the corner of 2nd Ave N and 19th St in downtown Birmingham. Upswing is a demonstration project designed by REV Birmingham to prove and improve downtown’s market for retail, and we believe REV’s Big Pitch finalists are an important part of that momentum.
The 2019 finalists will compete to win a share of $50,000 in cash and professional services prize packages on Saturday, November 23, as they pitch their business models to a panel of judges, potential investors, and a live audience – that’s you! Get your Big Pitch tickets now.
Meet the 2019 Big Pitch finalists:
- Blueroot Co.: Jennifer Ryan fills her produce-forward menu with bright, delicious, and nutrient-rich foods, showcasing the best our local farmers have to offer.
- Elysian Gardens: William and Kelly Colburn of Iron Age Studio are planning a community sculpture park in Avondale where art, music, & food connect neighbors, build bridges, and open doors in our city.
- Encore Rouge: Antoinne and Shantale Davis are serving bold flavorful authentic Cajun fare from their food truck as they work toward opening their brick-and-mortar restaurant.
- Relaxation Room: Massage therapist Adrian Ward has plans to create the Relaxation Room, where you can sit in a massage chair, put on virtual goggles, and take a trip to a peaceful place.
- Sidekicks: Bonaventure Akinlosotu and Joseph Bradley of Sidekicks in Avondale are driving Birmingham’s sneaker culture as they aim to grow their shop into a boutique-style smart store.