Want to add your event to our calendar? Click here. Email events at (@) BhamNow dot com for promotional options.
- This event has passed.
Teacher Workshop: Holocaust & Human Behavior / Facing History and Ourselves
July 13, 2020 - July 16, 2020
Read Time 1 Minutes
Date & Time
- July 13-16, 2020
- 11:00 am-3:00 pm CST
In This Seminar You Will
- Learn current scholarship on the history of the Holocaust and new research focused on human behavior, group dynamics, and bias
- Increase their ability to facilitate respectful classroom discussions on difficult issues such as racism, antisemitism, and other forms of exclusion in a way that invites personal reflection and critical analysis
- Engage with classroom-ready multimedia resources and learn how to build a customized unit
- Discover new teaching strategies that help students interrogate text, think critically, and discuss controversial issues respectfully
- Receive a free copy of Facing History’s resource, Holocaust and Human Behavior
After This Seminar You Will
- Receive coaching and support as you implement this in your classroom as well as twenty (20) credit hours upon completion
- Become part of the Facing History Educator Network, with access to educator resources, including downloadable unit and lesson plans, study guides, books, and streaming accessible through our free online lending library
$50.00 (This fee will be waived and completely free for all educators in Alabama and the surrounding area)
For your fee to be waived all teachers in Alabama must mark “I would like to apply for a scholarship,” and then write “New Communities Project” in the scholarship application section. After submitting the scholarship application, you should receive a follow-up email with your application approval. If anyone has any issues with this, please contact Jalen Douglas (information below).
- Open to middle and high school teachers
- Limited to 50 participants
- Must attend all 3 days