- This event has passed.
Supplier Scale Open House
February 27, 2023 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
If you own a local company with more than two employees or less than $1M in annual revenue and are ready to grow, you need to know about the Birmingham Business Alliance (BBA)’s no-cost Supplier Scale program. There’s an Open House on Monday, February 27 and applications are due by Friday, March 10, 2023. Keep reading to learn more about how this program could transform your business—and your life.
One small business owner’s story
Selena Rodgers Dickerson’s relationship with the BBA started back in 2010 when she was laid off and looking for a new start. A coffeeshop meeting with Victor Brown led to a plan that’s helped grow her business to where it is today.
Ready to be part of Supplier Scale? Apply today.
- Open House: for anyone who’s interested in Supplier Scale
- When: Monday, February 27, 4-6PM
- Where: BBA, 505 20th St N #200, Birmingham, AL 35203
The BBA’s Business Advisory Services
Business Advisory Services is a BBA initiative in partnership with the Jefferson County Commission and Prosper. Its mission is to serve 250 companies and create 1,300 direct jobs over the next five years.
Three key programs are offered within this initiative—and more are coming:
- TeamUP, managed by Victor Brown, helps local business leaders create + scale great places to work in Birmingham.
- Supplier Scale, managed by JC Matthews, helps qualified small business owners grow + sustain their businesses. Feel free to call him for more info: (205) 241-8116.
- Inclusive Procurement Council, managed by Victor Brown, gives local small business owners from underrepresented groups the chance to pitch in front of a curated group of buyers.
Supplier Scale is accepting applications for its second cohort
Both TeamUp + Supplier Scale target the following privately-owned companies that are:
- Headquartered in Jefferson County
- Employing 2-10 employees
- Generating between $100,000-$999,999 in annual revenue
- Willing + able to attend a 7 month course, complete mandatory assignments + complete program surveys as requested
Here is the timeline for Supplier Scale’s second 6-8 month cohort:
- 2/22/23: Supplier Scale Open House for business owners who are thinking of applying for the cohort + other individuals who can refer potential company owners.
- 3/10/23: Application Deadline
- 3/20/23: Announce Supplier Scale Cohort
- 4/6/23: Classes Begin
What to expect during Supplier Scale
The program consists of the following:
- Interactive class sessions
- Peer mentoring groups
- Learning led by local experts in the fields of finance, marketing + procurement
Here’s what you’ll come out with:
- A customized, three-year strategic growth plan
- An amazing network of peers + mentors
- The confidence and ability to turn your plans into action
- The opportunity to pitch the Inclusive Procurement Council
Why Supplier Scale matters
Supplier Scale expands the BBA’s goals to advance women and minority-owned businesses. At the same time, it compliments current work the BBA is doing to lead the VITAL (Valuing Inclusion to Accelerate and Lift) program for the City of Birmingham.
Thanks to generous funding from Prosper and the Jefferson County Commission, this program, valued at $15K per participant, is provided at no cost by the BBA to help small business owners grow and sustain their businesses.
Head to the Supplier Scale Open House Monday, February 27 and apply by March 10, 2023.