Want to add your event to our calendar? Click here. Email events at (@) BhamNow dot com for promotional options.
NOTE – Due to Covid-19 many events are being cancelled or postponed which might not be reflected here. Please double check with the organizer before attending any event.
Lunch & Learn Yoga, Movement and You
April 7, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFREE // Must Virtually Register
Stretch into this month’s Lunch and Learn series featuring, you guessed it, yoga! Yoga instructor Marie Blair will teach participants yoga and breathing techniques that can be done at your desk. Join us for an hour of relaxation and self-care!
About the Yogi // Marie turned to yoga over 17 years ago when her husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson’s. Flexible but not particularly athletic, Marie has found yoga life-changing.
A Yoga Alliance E 200-hour registered teacher pursuing her 500-hour certification with Yoga Medicine, Marie teaches gentle yoga for all bodies with a special love for guiding seniors and those with chronic or disabling health conditions.
Typically she teaches weekly classes at Villager Yoga, Lakeshore Foundation and O’Neal Library. During these atypical COVID times, she’s teaching virtually at Villager and in-person private classes. Marie loves bringing yoga to public libraries, community centers and retirement communities and will resume when possible.
Marie honors the body as it is, inviting everyone to experience linking breath and movement. A lifelong learner and librarian, Marie’s training includes:
- Adaptive Yoga with Matthew Sanford (50 hrs)
- Integrative Yoga for Seniors (50 hrs) with Carol Krucoff and Kimberly Carson at Duke Integrative Medicine
- Mindful Yoga for Chronic Pain (50 hrs) with Kimberly and Jim Carson at Oregon Health and Science University
- Mindful Yoga for Cancer (50 hrs) with the Carsons at Duke. After mentored work with the Carsons, she earned the certification as a Mindful Yoga Works teacher.
- Principles: Yoga anatomy with Leslie Kaminoff.
Want to add your event to our calendar? Click here. Email events at (@) BhamNow dot com for promotional options. NOTE – Due to Covid-19 many events are being cancelled or postponed which might not be reflected here. Please double check with the organizer before attending any event.