Hoots & Howls: Daytime Halloween Event
October 21, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Calling all ghouls and goblins, it’s time to trick-or-treat around the Zoo at our annual Hoots & Howls events!
Join us for the Hoots & Howls daytime Halloween festival of events at your Zoo! Wear your costumes and trick-or-treat around the Candy Trail, join the DJ for a Monster Mash dance party on Henley Lawn, take a ride on the Red Diamond Express Train or climb on up our Full Moon BBQ Spider Climber Adventure Tower, meet animals of all shapes and sizes, and play yard games on Henley Lawn!
WHEN: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday the last 3 weekends in October (14-15, 21-22, 28-29)
Purchase Candy Trail Tickets HERE – Candy Only
Purchase Candy Trail Wristbands HERE – Candy and Rides
*Candy Trail Tickets & Wristbands DO NOT include admission. You can pre-purchase your admission tickets HERE
DAILY EVENT SCHEDULE
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Star Wars 501st Legion (Zoo Wide) – Only October 21st
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Face Painting (Henley Lawn) – October 14th, 15th, 28th, and 29th
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monster Mash DJ (Henley Lawn) – Every Saturday/Sunday
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Education Stations (Located throughout the Zoo) – Every Saturday/Sunday
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Birmingham Mobile Library (Chipangali Research Station) – October 14th, 21st, 28th, and 29th
- 11:00 a.m. Elephant Keeper Chats – Every Saturday/Sunday
- 11:00 a.m. Reptile Feeding (East Gallery) – Every Saturday
- 11:00 a.m. Snake Feeding (West Gallery) – Every Sunday
- 11:15 a.m./2:15 p.m. Ambassador Animals (Henley Lawn) – Every Saturday/Sunday
Valid for Hoots & Howls days only: Oct 14-15, 21-22, 28-29
- Ride tickets stop being sold at 4:00 p.m.
- Train and Adventure Tower are open from 9:00 a.m. until 4:45 p.m.
- Candy Trail is open from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Candy Trail tickets & wristbands stop being sold at 3:00 p.m.