Read Time 1 Minutes
Rackets, check! Tennis balls, check! Family, check! You’re set for Family Tennis night hosted by United States Tennis Association (USTA) Alabama. Find out more.
Join families around Birmingham and spend quality time participating in a fun activity together. The Hoover Country Club is hosting a family tennis night May 12, from 6 to 8 P.M.
- The first 25 families to register and participate receive a free tennis tote. However, space is limited so register ahead of time. Click here to register.
- You don’t have to be a member of USTA or the Hoover Country Club to join in the fun!
- It’s FREE!
This is an event for people of all levels of experience. Whether you’ve never seen a tennis ball before or your racket is 10 years old, everyone can enjoy this action packed family event.
Ultimately, USTA Alabama is a non-profit organization to promote and develop the growth of tennis. USTA also hosts tennis seminars and small events for youth and adults.
Tennis is a great way to have fun and be fit with awesome cardio based activity.
- Get little sprints in to get the body moving
- Great muscle development. You use your entire body playing tennis.
- Tactical brain development (like playing a game of chess)
- Work on your coordination (Some of us have it, others don’t)
- Make friends and build self-esteem
In other words, tennis is a great activity to have fun and exercise.
Things to bring:
- Sports attire
- Rackets (optional)
Who knows, you might be the next Serena Williams. Sign up today! If you’re looking for more events happening around Birmingham, visit the calendar of events with more than 2500 fresh events.