In less than a month the Magic City Cycliad will take over Birmingham. Sponsored by the Deep South Cancer Foundation, this is a cycling event that takes you on a 10-mile brunch crawl.
Yes, you read correct, biking and brunch. On March 25, the route will begin at Railroad Park and take you across Birmingham to local cafés like We Have Donuts, Silvertron, Buck Mulligan’s and a coffee spot soon to be announced.
If you’re a cyclist looking for more mileage, there’s also 30 and 62-mile rides with brunch at the conclusion of the course so you will get to enjoy the same food as those who do the brunch crawl.
Through this fundraising event, the Magic City Cycliad will make a local impact as they ride. The money raised will help local individuals and families with cancer overcome the daily barriers that cancer creates.
All courses include well marked routes that are fully stocked with feature energy foods, drinks, and its brunch theme. There will also be sweep vans, film crews and course marshals to ensure that no one is left behind.
Schedule of events:
March 25, 2017 at Railroad Park
- 7:00 A.M. Registration opens
- 7:45 A.M. 30 and 62 Mile rides begin
- 10:00 A.M. 10 Miles brunch crawl
- 10:30 A.M. – 2:00 p.m. Post-ride brunch
Three Ways to Fundraise for #Cycliad2017
- Fundraise as an individual. Set up a fundraising page, set a goal, and help families meet basic life needs.
- Fundraise on a team. Create a team of minimum 4 people, or join a team that exists already and raise $100 each.
- Make a donation. If you can’t join the ride, but still want to make a difference, this is for you!
All fundraisers have until May 31 to raise as much money as possible to make the most impact possible!
Rewards with Swag
Each registrant will receive a gift bag, T-shirt, and a coffee mug. It’s encouraged that you register before March 10. T-shirts and coffee mugs aren’t guaranteed to those who register after this date.
There will be cool fundraising rewards for individual fundraising amounts. This means that even if you’re on a team, it cannot be earned by combining dollar amounts with multiple teammates.