Read Time 1 Minutes
Hoover plans to spend $80 million on its new sports complex going up next to the Hoover Met.
As of now, here are all the details from the name, to add on’s, to new land leases:
- “The Bam” (nickname) – Alabama Sports and Event Center
- 155,000 Sq. Foot indoor center
This will be completed, as told by the Council, this May!
- 5 NCAA reg. size Fields – meant for Soccer, Football, & Lacrosse
- 5 NCAA reg. size Baseball/Softball Fields
- 16 Tennis Courts – pro shop included
- 2 Mile Walking Track
- “Splash Pad”
- Massive Event Lawn
Expected to open in late 2018!
Yesterday, the Hoover City Council agreed to lease 100 acres of land to Hoover Parks and Rec. Board for the construction of the sports fields and tennis Courts.
A special meeting was the occasion of the agreement so that work of clearing out the area can begin as quickly as possible.
Guess how much the lease is…
- $1 a year… I know, stout, right?
Stay tuned for more info and pictures of the massive project!