Read Time 2 Minutes
Food, Entertainment, Cosmetics, Food Processing, Mobile Candy Shop, Fitness Studio, and local Soda.
These represent the range of finalists for REV Birmingham’s pitch competition.
Economic growth and prosperity is the name of the game for REV Birmingham.
REV is an economic development organization that stimulates business growth and improves quality of life in Birmingham’s City Center and its Neighborhood Commercial Centers.
REV fuels commercial vitality through proactive business recruitment and retention activities, and by encouraging private and public investments that support economic growth citywide.
– REV Birmingham
The Big Pitch Competition is like many before it (compared to TV shows featuring entrepreneurs looking for investments) where local business men and women look to gain recognition and of course the big bucks to make their dreams come true.
REV Birmingham has been apart of the Magic City’s growth since 2012 when the Operation New Birmingham and Main Street Birmingham groups joined forces. The initial goal, to proved substantial growth in the city districts, build up the surrounding neighborhoods, help find funding for small businesses and spark revitalization of commercial real estate.
To say they have accomplished and are continuing to do so everyday, would be an understatement.
The competition is among many projects REV will take on to help our city flourish. Here are the details…
The search for 10 finalist has been on since August. (List Provided by BBJ – Tim Steere):
- Domestique Coffee/Nathan Pocus: Gourmet, high-quality, fair-trade coffee business inspired by Haiti
- Kinetiq Movement/Matthew Hamilton: Local obstacle park and indoor challenge facility for adventurous athletes
- Left Hand Soap Co./ Soapy Jones: High-quality, all-natural soap and skincare products with locally-sourced ingredients
- Organically Yours/ Antionette Neeley: Locally-based food processing company producing organic dessert foods
- Party Boutique Kids/Danielle Hines: Tailored, uniquely-themed kids’ entertainment parties
- Pure Imagine Candy Shoppe/Jerethia Blake: Mobile candy shop with custom candy options and unique charm
- Rainy Day/Saramia Arenas: Artist collective retail business comprised of local makers
- Studio Steel/ Elle Nelson: Pole fitness studio designed for a diverse adult demographics
- Tropicaleo/ Gabriel Marrero: Fresh-casual Puerto Rican cuisine and dining experience
- Wholesome Soda/Eric Holsomback: Locally-made, natural soda for health-conscious beverage seekers
Dates: November 12th – 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm – at the Thomas Jefferson Tower