The ever evolving community in the “Ham” would not be possible without local business men and women who hustle day after day to put the Magic City on the map.
These leaders represent multiple industries and expertise. Started in 1981, Leadership Birmingham brings together those impacting our city through large, small, and start-up companies.
The purpose of Leadership Birmingham is to ensure that leaders in the community are educated about current issues and challenges in our region. This is accomplished by bringing together a group of 50 leaders each year from diverse backgrounds. Through a series of monthly programs, these leaders come to know and understand more about the community and one another as they explore issues and exchange ideas. The goal is that they are better equipped with information and networks to be more effective as leaders.
Here is the 2016-2017 class:
- Jarralynne Agge, manager, Birmingham Violence Reduction Initiative
- Marahall Anderson, partner, Design Initiative LLC
- Beau Bevis, president and CEO, ARC Realty
- Martha V.J. Bouyer, executive director, Bethel Baptist Church Community Restoration Fund
- Judge Karon Bowdre, chief judge, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- Anne Buckley, chief communications officer, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Wayne Carmello-Harper, senior vice president and chief mission integration officer for St. Vincent’s Health System
- Dan Carsen, senior reporter, The Southern Education Desk, WBHM
- Kelley Castlin-Gacutan, superintendent, Birmingham City Schools
- Laura Clarke, senior vice president, BBVA Compass
- Thomas A. Davis, attorney, Jackson Lewis P.C
- Jill Deer, vice president of development and administration, Brasfield & Gorrie
- David Denard, director, environmental services department, Jefferson County
- Rebecca Dobrinski, executive director, Birmingham Holocaust Education Center
- Gary Edwards, CEO, United Cerebal Palsy of Greater Birmingham
- Mark Ervin, chief brand officer, Big Communications
- Nancy Ferren, board member, Homewood Board of Education
- Jennifer Hatchett, executive director, YouthServe
- Daagye Hendricks, member, District 4 Birmingham City Board of Education
- Mark Hendricks, vice president, health care division, Hoar Construction
- Frances (Fran) Hogg, president, Occupational Testing
- Anthony C. Hood, founder, Nhabit Birmingham and assistant professor, UAB Collat School of Business
- Mikah Hudson, senior pastor, Highlands United Methodist Church
- Joshua Jones, managing partner, StrategyWise
- Janet Kavinoky, director, federal and state government affairs, Vulcan Materials Company
- Natalie Kelly, president, SUSTAIN
- Marc Koretzky, COO, Complete Benefit Alliance LLC
- Christopher Leech, commercial banking executive, Regions Bank
- Christi Daniel Lunsford, vice president, associate general counsel, HealthSouth Corp.
- Angela McClintock, director, Jefferson County DHR
Meg McGlamery, executive director, The Crisis Center
Kerry McInerney, shareholder, Sirote & Permutt P.C.
Daniel (Danny) McKinney, CEO, McKinney Capital
Rev. Vanable H. Moody II, senior pastor and founder, Worship Center Christian Church
Jonathan Nelson, general manager, Birmingham Barons
William Nicrosi, shareholder, Leavell Investment Management Inc.
Joshua C. Petty, market president, BB&T
Maj. Gen. N. Lee S. Price, U.S. Army retired, Price Solutions LLC
Eva T. Robertson, VP, corporate communications, Protective Life Corp.
Charles L. Robinson Jr., principal, Red Rock Realty Group Inc., LAH Real Estate
Natasha L. Rogers, director, Negro Southern League Museum
Teresa Shufflebarger, market business chief development officer, Brookwood Baptist Health
D. Tyrone Silmon, executive assistant to Mayor William Bell, city of Birmingham
James (Jim) C. Smith, senior vice president, Green Coffee, Royal Cup Coffee
James (Wes) Smith, president, Mayer Electric Supply Co.
Terry L. Sparks, managing partner, Birmingham office, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
Emily Vanlandingham, chief operating officer, Arlington Family Offices
Kavita Vasil, head of school, Highlands School
Lisa Warren, CEO, Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center
Leila Watson, attorney, Cory Watson PC
Joseph E. Welden III, president StoneRiver Co.