UAB will be the recipient of $130M in bond value to fund significant capital improvements as approved by The University of Alabama System board of trustees.
Included are plans are to purchase The Double Tree Hotel and its parking lot, undergo significant renovations, and rename it UAB Double Tree. Other significant projects include:
- New academic building for the Collat School of Business
- New building for Arts and Sciences
- Covered practice stadium
- Renovations for the School of Nursing
- New football operations building
- Covered practice field.
- New police headquarters
- New perimeter parking lot (YAY!)
- Utility system upgrades
- New intramural fields
- Improvements to McCallum Basic Health Sciences Education and Research building
- Renovations of the Center for Nuclear Imaging Research
- Street improvements and beautification
“We have had a lot of exciting enhancement to the campus over the last year. We have exciting plans going forward,” UAB President Ray Watts told The Tuscaloosa News.