For many college students, summer break is coming to a close. Bags are being packed and dorm room essentials are getting checked off. A short summer hike is still one of the best ways to combat that eerie anxiety that comes before every academic year.
Here’s the 5 Birmingham trails you need to hike before Summer ends:
- Green Trail (Peavine Falls Loop) (1.7 miles, moderate), Oak Mountain State Park
2. Quarry Trail (<2 miles, moderate), Ruffner Mountain
3. Grace’s Gap Overlook (2.4 miles, easy), Red Mountain Park
4. Waterfall Loop (1.5 miles, moderate), Moss Rock Preserve
5. Lakeshore Trail (2.5 miles, easy), Mountain Brook
Get out and get hiking. There is so much to enjoy and so much more to explore in and around Birmingham. GET OUTSIDE!