Birmingham’s veterinary community has something to look forward to – as do Birmingham job-seekers! STERIS Animal Health’s new headquarters plans to hire new team members, and you can apply here.
STERIS Animal Health offers solutions for veterinarians through its diverse product portfolio, engineering and technical excellence, and knowledgeable support team. The company sells veterinary products and equipment: surgical instruments, gowns, and endoscopy solutions.
The company wants to employ individuals who have experience in assembly, industrial sewing, and manufacturing. Employees will go to work in STERIS Animal Health’s new facility that will house administration, reprocessing, manufacturing, and repair. The facility itself is located in the Sloss Business District.
The Assembly Cell Operator will perform multiple operations in the Assembly Cell to include folding, pack assembly, pack sealing, & finished goods case packing as directed by the Assembly Cell Team Leader.
Accordingly, this Operator will be proficient at all operations within the Assembly Cell and will rotate through these operations on a regular basis.
- Verify integrity/quality of each product.
- Follow procedure to ensure product is correctly folded.
- Follow procedure to collect, assemble and pack product/product/components into pouches.
- Verify reorder number/label coincides with packed product/components.
- Verify count of completed product
- Verify integrity/quality of final product before final packaging.
- Match reorder number on finished product to the case label provided.
- Verify count as indicated on case label prior to final packaging.
- Operate equipment to seal packs.
- Troubleshoot to resolve issues with equipment.
- Prepare shipping container to include labeling, packing and sealing.
- Follow all safety rules and requirements to meet all safety, quality and production goals.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- One year in a manufacturing/warehouse environment
- 1+ year of related experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment
- Basic math, writing and data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment